Friday, November 16, 2007

Now it's my dad ...

For those of you who know me, you know I’m super close with my dad .. and those of you that don’t, you now do. We are the kind of close that when you see us, you wonder why you don’t have that. I love my dad and really enjoy spending time with him; he’s actually funny! Although I didn’t know this growing up and am so glad I do now. My hubby thinks my dad & I are so alike it weirds him out, thankfully hubby thinks I'm the prettier slightly nicer version.

I found out through an email from my grandma, or rather my mom’s step mom, but damn it she’s my grandma. She informed me that my parents who are no longer living together spent the evening in the ER together .. because my dad broke 3 bones in his ankle. My dad, who just turned 50 is in denial and likes to think he’s still young and mobile. Much to his dismay, his ankle has proved him wrong and he now has to get pins placed in his ankle. Forever.

I’m afraid his racquetball days might be over, but knowing my dad he’ll attempt to continue.

So I’m asking that anyone who may read my blog, send some happy thoughts [or whatever it is you do] my dads way.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely will!

    Glad your mother was there with him, and I imagine you wish you were there with him, too. I'll send happy thoughts your way, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We spoke to your dad yesterday a couple of times. He will get through this! We are all saying prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your dad is okay!! Sending him loads of happy thoughts!

    Suze x

    ReplyDelete