Thursday, October 1, 2009

Oh Fall how I love you

The temperature in Southeast Texas has finally changed, it's cooling down a bit and all I can think of are cozy sweaters and yummy comfort foods.

This weekend the husband and I will experience our first Texas Festival in the country. I've been told we will see many animals, though I'm not sure how thrilled I am for the poo and smell, I'm determined to have fun.

I borrowed a charger and finally have a camera again! I have been taking pictures whenever possible and will load them soon :D It's funny how something so small makes me happy. I love being able to document our lives.

I don't have any of our decorations for fall, we are still living out of suitcases, but I've put come cheery little flowers around the apartment.

I'm sure Abby will be doing some great projects with her little man, so I'm curious what everyone is doing to celebrate and embrace fall?

1 comment:

  1. One of the things I miss most about home is fall. Every time I see a picture of pumpkin picking, apple cider, or jack-o-lanterns, I feel a twinge of homesickness.
    I hope that your country fair was lots of fun, and helped you to feel a little more at home.
    What do we do here in southwestern Germany in the fall? Our big fall event is this weekend- the Filder Kraut fest. There is a particular type of cabbage, that is pointy on top, specific to this area of Germany. Every October, there is a big fest to celebrate. It is also quite fitting, and actually pretty rare, to celebrate cabbage in Germany!

    ReplyDelete