Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Chicken & Dumpling goodness!

I am all about the slow cooker these days! I have been searching my favorite recipe site for new & different slow cooker recipes, among the ones I'm trying this week I found Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings I figured it would be worth a try for Joe, who constantly brags about his grandmothers good foods.

Here's what I did:

2 chicken breasts, chopped up
2 tablespoons butter
2 cans chicken broth
1 onion, chopped
Sprinkle with Salt & Pepper and Parsley

Cook on low for 8-10 hours

Came home stirred it, added some seasoned salt and (here's where I cheat!) put in the Pillsbury biscuits torn into small pieces.

I got rave reviews and Joe actually asked me if I could/would make this again, that just doesn't happen!

Tonight we are having a modified Tamale casserole Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment