Thursday, September 9, 2010

Spoiled

I have some seriously spoiled paint. Not to mean that I spoil my paint, although I did try to treat it fairly. Making sure it wasn’t too hot or cold. The five gallon bucket of paint that I had been using for the past month or so, went bad.

Can paint truly spoil? Oh let me tell you, it sure can. I made the mistake
of painting a wall, okay it was actually three walls in my laundry room with
this spoiled paint (thanks a lot face mask for protecting my nose and lungs from the icky smell). Let me just say, it looked beautiful. I edged like a pro; the color was looking sharp against the crisp white trim. It was just SO stinky. My best comparison would be some seriously nasty spoiled milk.

From the little I could find online, hello Google, there were mold spores in my paint. Wha?? That meant I just put mold on my wall. Oh. No. Research telling me the only way to truly fix the problem, was to primer the walls with oil-based primer. Have you ever been around oil based paints? It’s not a pleasant experience, they are nearly toxic. I got another mask, hoping this one would be safer for my lungs and got to painting. My laundry room is a lovely shade of white and it doesn’t smell! Now I need to get some paint mixed up to paint the remainder of my walls. I have the laundry room and stairwell still left to do in our tan color, then on to the master bedroom. The master will not be tan. I haven’t decided, but I’m thinking the same green I did in the spare bedroom. I am hoping to work on the spare bedroom soon. Turn it into an office/bedroom since it’s just me and the hubs and we only have two bedrooms, we need this
room to do double duty!

No comments:

Post a Comment