Monday, October 20, 2008

The 2008 Navy Ball

We sat through the slew of speechs from high ranking officials, some had wonderful things to say, some were funny but the one person I was most impressed with and feel the need to mention is a woman. She is a three star admiral, there is only 1 five star in the navy, so you have to figure she's worked pretty hard to get where she is. It was brought up that it's the Navy's 233rd birthday. I am slightly ashamed to say, I didn't realize the ball was for the Navy's birthday. That aside the ball was quite lovely, it was wonderful to see everyone all dressed up and even better to see my hubby in his uniform. Oh my goodness, he looks great!


Here are a few pictures:




*Little comment needed here, I'm not sure why I'm holding my dress up! I hate that I didn't get a second pic, but what can you do. I also missed having a picture taken of the back of the dress, there was a train, it was so fun to wear!

Abby brought up a good point, the food was delicious! Even Joe, who doesn't care for Italian food (in Italy) loved every course. So, so good!

14 comments:

  1. That dress looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay, the dress looks awesome on you! You and your husband look so great together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked amazing! Glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dress! Glad y'all had fun...

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! You look gorgeous in that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You looked absolutely stunning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, you guys look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I'm just echoing everyone else, but you really do look stunning! :) I'm glad you had such a good time...a train does make things all the more glamorous!

    ReplyDelete